Your personal and health information is gathered on a case history form for the purpose of responsible massage therapy treatment. The following information outlines the legal protection of your personal and health information.
Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and Ontario's Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) require those providing health services to protect the personal and health information of their clients. According to these Acts, the following points pertain to you and your health records.
- Only necessary personal and health care information will be collected.
- Personal and health care information will be continually updated (i.e. annually).
- Your personal health information is kept private and secure.
- You may access your health records at any time.
- Your written permission is required before sharing your health records with anyone else (except others involved in your health care, or in order to receive payment from private insurance companies, or as required by law).
- All health care records are kept for 10 years.
- Any complaints concerning privacy of personal or health care records can be made to me in person. My contact details are here: Contact S.V. Hutchinson. If the complaint is not resolved, you may contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario at 1-800-387-0073.
Information collected through the Case History Form is limited to what is required to provide you with quality service. Release of your information occurs only when I have your consent; or when it is required to deliver a service you request; or where I am required or permitted to do so by law.
For additional information about privacy policies, you may wish to explore these links:
Your Contact Information
Specific personal information, such as your name, phone number or email address, is not automatically gathered from my website. I would only obtain this type of information if you supply it voluntarily by email or by completing and submitting the online appointment request form.
If you contact me through this website by using the online form or by emailing your contact information to me, that information will not be shared, sold, or rented to any individual, group, corporation or agency.
Statistical data, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, may be collected when you use this site. Such data does not include identifying information of you or any individual.
The only cookies in use on this site are for Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions, as in the case of this web stie, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use the site. This information may be viewed or used to help improve the site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit my site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.